Day 1 Easter Fun Class

Hi there

Welcome to a special segment where I showcase cards made by myself and two of my students as part of their classes during the Easter Vacation.


Dom and Lee-M are 7 and 9 respectively and though I did not plan to have a Card Camp for Easter, here I am having one.....on their request.

Today we did some easter egg cards designed by just doodling on oval shapes. I first precut the cardstock to 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 and then scored at 4 1/2. I die cut the oval shapes on one half of the card using my sizzix big shot machine.

We drew our own designs in pencil first and then coloured with markers. They used faber castel markers while I used copics. I told them while they were doodling just have fun and don't think too much about the design, else it would not be spontaneous enough.

After colouring the eggs, we glued a piece of cardstock 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 to the inside of the front of the card and fitted the coloured eggs back into the shapes made at the front of the card. The kids then chose their embossing powders and embossed 'Happy Easter' on a piece of cardstock which was then adhered to the front of the card.

Here are the Dom's and Lee-M's cards respectively.




They would really appreciate your comments on their cards.

See you tomorrow for Day 2.

Comments