Celebrating 4th July with TiddlyInks

Hi there everyone and welcome back...

Today I've got a pretty exciting card to show you using Tiddlyinks stamp 'Patriotic Wryn'.

July 4th is not a holiday here though...we celebrate our Independence in August- August 31 to be exact with military parades and lots of fireworks. However, because I've got friends and family in the US, I thought I would celebrate it with this beautiful card.



My first thought was to gather papers in navy blue and red and while I was going through my stash I found this sought of dizzy looking navy blue and white paper which I added to the mix.

I love to paint my images so I placed 'Patriotic Wryn' on my crafting table and proceeded to paint her, keeping in mind my colour scheme - red, navy blue and white. As usual I start off using paint already on my palette and added colours as I went along. For the shadows on her dress I used navy blue paint and then added red paint all over it after it was dry. Now I knew she wouldnt be complete unless I added some bling...after all it is a celebration with sparklers and fireworks so I added rhinestones and glitter to the sparklers and the flag.....



I really love using glitter!

To put the card together, I layered the white cardstock on decorated paper and then on red cardstock. I also layered the navy blue and white paper on the navy cardstock. I added two ribbons to make it less masculine.



I then die cut 'July 4th' from red and blue cardstock using sizzix thinlits 'abc' dies and there you have it....




Hope you like this card and please leave me a comment!

Thanks for stopping by and I will see you next time.............

Comments