Faux Pattern Repeat Floral and Nautical Themed Cards

Hi there everyone

Today I have two very simple cards to share with you. As you can tell I love clean and simple designed cards but on occasion I do like to add more pizazz, bling and style.

My first card is what I call 'Faux Pattern Repeat'



For this card, I wanted the foreground to look like a continuation of the background so I went through my stash to find stamps that looked fairly similar to the patterned paper that I wanted to use for the background. The stamps I selected were from the Alte new Mini Blossoms set.

Using distress inks in peacock feathers, vintage photo, spiced marmalade, mowed lawn and pickled raspberry, I stamped the faux floral repeat pattern in a semi circular shape on a piece of diecut watercolour paper. Then I added the sentiment 'Just Because' in black India ink to tone down the colours somewhat.

Putting together the card after that was quite simple.

CARD NO. 2

My second card was also a very simple card in a nautical theme. I guess because I live on an island, its just a lovely one for me...never mind my nearest beach is like 2hrs away, driving.



I decided to use 2 frames to surround the main focus of the card- the lighthouse and the greeting.

The lighthouse die is from the poppystamps Seaside Lighthouse set. I die cut the shape out of two adhesive backed strips- yellow and white- which I had for many years. I cut strips out of the white lighthouse shape and superimposed them on to the yellow as stripes. Thats how I got the yellow and white look of the lighthouse. This could have been done in other ways such as diecutting the lighthouse out of white cardstock and adding yellow stripes with paint or marker or simply finding yellow and white striped paper and diecutting the light house, but I found my way gave it more dimension.

The frames were cut using lawn fawn's large stitched rectangular stackables.
The yellow rectangular frame was then stamped and embossed in white with inkadinkado clear stamps. The sun which was stamped with scattered straw and spiced marmalade distress inks was also from the inkadinkado set.
Here are the two cards again.




Hope you enjoyed them!


Comments