Faux vintage cards

Hi there and welcome back to sweet cherry cards.

Today I tried my hand in recreating a sort of vintage looking card using a stamp by Art Impressions Inc.



The technique I used is called 'loose painting'. There isnt much control of the brush and the paint is the consistency of milk.

I used Winsor and Newman Cotman Brush No 0 so as not to overpower the image with paint ...remember it is for a card so several parts of the image is very tiny. The paint I used, is the Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolour set of 24 with a few extras.


The paint is a mixture of several colours - browns, reds, yellow, orange and some other random mixtures I had on my palette.


I first stamped the image using rangers's distress ink scattered straw which made it easy to blend with the colour palette I had. Then I mixed some of the colours leaving them the consistency of milk. If you notice there are gaps where the paint seemed to miss but this was on purpose. The idea is to just let go and just paint simply without a care in the world and this is very freeing.....

Hope you like today's card and I look forward to seeing you back at www.sweetcherryscard.blogspot.com



Comments