Distress Inks and a Wish upon a star .....


Its Challenge time again at Tiddlyinks and this month's challenge is super fun.

Think circles.....not going in circles but a circular themed card. I had several ideas for this challenge but decided on this one.


The image used today is one of the newest images in Tiddlyinks called 'Wish upon a Star'.

I decided to create a night background using distress inks with additional stars. At first when I did the starry background, I highlighted the star in a halo of light and then I got darker as I neared the ground but it didnt seemed right so I reversed it. Now the sky starts dark and gets lighter as it hits the ground and I added a few more stars with white pigment ink.

Distress inks I used for the background were gathered twigs,peacock feathers,tumbled glass, mermaid lagoon,picked raspberry, blueprint sketch,salty ocean.

White pigment ink was used to smoothen the image.

Markers used
Skin- E 11, E51,E000 and Y000
Hair- E 47,E18,E15,E13,E11,E51
Clothes-Y35, Y19,Y13,Y21,Y000
Pants-B24,B04, B02, B000
Dog-C1,C3,C5
Grass-G28, G00,G21,G03,YG17,YG09

Stars- White Sharpie

Hope you liked today's card and that you will check out all the other talented designers at tiddlyinks.com and their circular challenge design.

See you next time!

Comments